Complete Feed: The University has installed complete feed plants at : Tirupati Proddutur Gannavaram Siddaramapuram KV Palli VR Gudem Palamaner Lam Farm Mahanadi Leptospira laboratory is helpful in studying epidemiology and control of Leptospyrosis in both animals and humans Development of gas operated cold storages for preservation of animal and fish products Isolated and characterized […]
Complete Feed: The University has installed complete feed plants at :
- KV Palli
- VR Gudem
- Lam Farm
- Leptospira laboratory is helpful in studying epidemiology and control of Leptospyrosis in both animals and humans
- Development of gas operated cold storages for preservation of animal and fish products
- Isolated and characterized lytic bacteriophages against seven pathogens of mastitis and diarrhea
- Standardized molecular diagnostic technique for detection of Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus (JSRV)
- Developed and successfully tested a vapour absorption refrigeration system aided bulk milk cooler (500 lts)
- Developed a gas operated cold storage for preservation of animal and fish products
- Developed probiotic enriched dairy products
- Studies on supply of probiotic lactic acid culture in sachets is under progress.
Conservation of native breeds through in Situ and Ex Situ Conservation
- Standardized Embryo collection, freezing and its transfer in Ongole and Pungunur cattle
- Nuclear transfer, cloning & production of embryos from prenatal follicles of sheep
- Karyotyping various indigenous livestock breeds of AP
- Molecular genetic characterization of livestock breeds of AP using various microsatellite markers
- Developed inactivated vaccine using BTV 2,9,10 serotypes against Blue tongue disease of sheep and the technology was transferred to VBRI for mass vaccine production
- Developed kits for monitoring vaccine response to enterotoxaemia vaccination
- Developed vaccine against Footrot disease of sheep and the field trial is completed
- The marine crab and sea bass culturing was standardized as alternative species to Tiger Prawn.
- Developed and promoted commercial prawn culture
- Standardized the technology for fish seed production : channa Striatus (murrel) seed was developed and supplied to small and marginal farmers
- Undertake the extension of advances in science and technologies to the rural people of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Continuing Education Programmes
- conducts short and long term courses to train trainers, farmers
- Brings out publications in vernacular language on new technologies and methods for the benefit of farmers.